This is an online version of the ppspell program. This program could be improved significantly. For example, it could use the DP projects "good words" list to eliminate
some superfluous reports. It could include Levenshtein checks for edit distance to
catch "Michael" and "Micheal" type errors. Most of the code is in there for these
but it's not been made robust enough to put into production.
- Select a text file to check by clicking the “Choose File” button. File must end in “.txt”. Encoding must be UTF-8. (See note below)
- After the file is selected, click “Submit” to send it to the server for analysis.
- When analysis is complete, you will see a “results available: here” message
with a link to the results file. With that link, left click to view;
right click to download.
- The program checks for UTF-8 for security purposes as a guard against malicious uploads of binary executables. I could make it also accept Latin-1 if that is still a viable format for DP work.
- The source code is open source under the MIT license. For the curious, the source code is
- Corections, comments, suggestions to
- Upload file size limit is set to 4MB. Contact me if you need more.